Who We Are
Neuro-ID is a next-gen behavioral analytics provider that provides actionable insight to reduce fraud while improving conversion and customer experience. As a pioneer in the area of human analytics, we are constantly pushing the scientific boundaries of understanding users’ digital body language, to reveal users’ emotion and intent in online contexts. Neuro-ID enables industry leaders in Payments, Lending, Fintech and Insurance, to reduce online fraud and friction with real-time behavioral analytics. Having initially positioned our technology in the FinTech market, in 2020 Business Insider reported that Neuro-ID was one of the top-38 “next generation of breakout B2B startups…follow[ing] in the footsteps of Plaid and Stripe”. In addition, LendIt Fintech selected Neuro-ID as a finalist for “Fintech Innovator of the Year". Founded by 2 world renowned PhDs from University of Arizona and BYU, and led by a team of seasoned executives, we are now looking to make strategic key additions to our team to expand our product offerings as we prepare to enter new verticals.
We are seeking a team player to contribute within Neuro-ID’s development team with a focus on Java backend development. Neuro-ID provides many Java based RESTful API/Services driving our company products and services forward. This opportunity is with a fast-growing company utilizing innovative technologies based in cloud platform and enterprise-level architectures. We are looking for a Java Developer with 8+ years experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team delivering Neuro-ID’s innovative services. If you are looking for a great environment with challenging problems to solve without a legacy infrastructure, come see how we match up.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Software Engineer role is based in our Pleasant Grove, UT office, but also able to work remotely. You will be responsible for working with our Product, Data Management, and DevOps teams on designing and implementing new features and functionality for our platform, APIs, integrations, and other endpoints used by our clients to consume NID services.
- Collaborates with Product to determine technical requirements for new software applications, software services, integrations, etc.
- Contribute to software architecture and best practices
- Help develop the overarching strategy for backend services at Neuro-ID, with short and long term initiatives
- Engineer products with attention to extensibility, maintainability, scalability, and testability
- Collaborates with engineering team to align on appropriate technologies and coding standards
- Utilize SOLID programming principles and mentor engineering teams with application of principles
- Engineer and architect backend services with focus on cost, reliability, and scalability
- Understand and meet acceptance criteria with done definition before release of product
- Clear communicator of needs and progress of initiatives
- Reports directly to the Director of Development
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Experience
- Proven experience as a senior software engineer
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience
- Strong understanding of AWS backend services (datastores, streaming, serverless, container)
- Knowledge of distributed processes and big data platforms
- Experience in big data applications
- In-depth experience programming with Java (or other structured languages)
- Experience writing robust and maintainable code following best practices (SOLID)
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and OWASP
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate well with a team
- High “EQ” - good listening skills, clear and direct communicator with very high integrity
- High quality organizational and leadership skills to help mentor other engineers
- BS/MA in computer science, engineering, information systems or relevant field
- Agile - scrum style for platform teams (we believe in the agile manifesto)
- Modern, collaborative product management discipline
- Direct customer feedback – see how you make a difference every day
- Competitive salary.
- Own a slice of a rocket ship! We offer equity stock options for all our employees with fair vesting and strike price terms.
- Comprehensive benefits program.
- 14 total PTO Days Off (Inc. Christmas Day - New Years Day Off )
- 10 Company Holidays
- Summer Fridays: Get out at 3pm on Fridays (June - Sept)
- Comprehensive Benefits Program:
- United Healthcare PPO/HSA
- 401K Administration and Quarterly Webinar
- Contributions to Dental, Vision, Disability, Life
- FSA / DCA Access
- Activ-ate Reimbursement (up to $90/month) : Could include full Peloton Bike!
- Education Budget: $250/Year per employee for approved education course
- Remote Work Set-Up: One Time $300 Stipend for anything contributing to a better remote work (ie. comfy chair/foot pad, etc.)
- Experience our company culture at a whole other level during our action packed, outdoor adventures themed company off-site in Whitefish, Montana in July each year
- A startup culture tuned for success - with complete transparency of the entire business’ performance
- Work at home flexibility
- Employee recognition, training, and mentoring opportunities
- Customers that you recognize and a sales team that regularly wins against Fortune 500 competitors
- Make a real difference in a fast-growing company
- Computer Reimbursement (up to $1500 for non tech / $2500 tech) - New Computer Every 4 Years
- Company cool swag!